Pediatric dentistry is concerned with the prevention of disease, decay, and pain. To help your child develop the hygiene habits he or she needs to maintain good oral health, Dr. Opack, Dr. Stanton and Dr. David Opack offer pediatric dentistry in St. Paul, Minnesota. While we will perform thorough and careful exams for your child, we will also take the time to teach him or her how to create and execute proper habits at home. These habits include:
- Brushing at least twice a day to remove plaque formed from meals eaten throughout the day
- Make sure to brush the outer and inner surfaces of each tooth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside of your front teeth.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and to freshen your breath.
- Floss at least once a day to help clean spaces between your teeth and to disrupt plaque colonies from building up. This helps prevent damage to the gums, teeth, and bone.
- Rinse your mouth with water after brushing and after meals if you are unable to brush.
If your child implements these practices and incorporates them in his or her daily life, then they will create the foundational habits that will help prevent disease, decay, and unnecessary pain throughout his or her entire life. By teaching your child to keep these habits and to attend regular dental appointments, he or she will be able to benefit from great dental health and confidence in a brilliant, beautiful smile. To learn more and to schedule your next visit with our dentists, contact St. Paul Family Dentistry today.