Posted .

Have you ever dislodged a tooth? Have you ever dealt with a cracked tooth, or simply knocked a tooth loose? Have you ever bit down and lost a crown or a filling? More importantly, do you know what you should do if you experience any of these experiences—or which qualify as an emergency that you should address immediately?

If you’re in an accident where one of your teeth is cracked, dislodged, or completely knocked out, you should visit your dentist as soon as possible. In fact, in these instances, we recommend visiting to your dentist within 30 minutes. If you can visit your dentist within 30 minutes, our dentist may be able to save your natural tooth. However, if your tooth is knocked loose, please remember to bring it when you visit the dentist.

However, you can wait if you lose a filling or a crown, but visit your dentist as soon as possible. In the meantime, please visit your local store and purchase dental cement. This will help you keep your crown or filling until you’re able to visit the dentist.

Please remember to get treatment for dental emergencies. If you don’t, you may experience pain, blackening teeth, and even more serious issues.

If you experience a dental emergency, please contact St. Paul Family Dentistry at 651.488.5522. Dr. Joseph Opack and our team will gladly answer any questions you may have.